2017’s Candidates for Conventional IVF
The most common treatment for infertility is Conventional IVF (in vitro fertilization). Thanks to innovative IVF ancillary technologies – such as ICSI and PGD/PGS/NGS – Conventional IVF is very successful for the right candidate.
Candidates for Conventional IVF
Typical candidates for Conventional IVF:
- Women under 35 who can produce multiple quality eggs
- Women having blocked or damaged Fallopian tubes
- Women who are facing cancer treatment and have little time to cryopreserve their eggs before chemo or radiation treatment
- Couples diagnosed with male factor infertility
Conventional IVF is recommended for women who have failed to achieve a pregnancy after undergoing a series of IUI.
Varied IVF protocols available today:
· Natural Cycle IVF™
The IVF procedure consists of approximately six basic steps, although the process may be modified with the doctor’s evidence based recommended protocol:
- Stimulation of the growth and development of multiple egg follicles within the ovaries using fertility drugs (FSH- follicle stimulating hormones), also known as controlled hyperstimulation of the ovaries
- Monitoring of the growth of the egg follicles through regular ultrasounds and blood tests
- Surgical removal of matured eggs from the follicles on the ovaries through technique known as aspiration
- Fertilization of the eggs in a controlled laboratory setting through a technique known as Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Embryo culture in vitro for several days – allowing the embryos to grow and develop in the laboratory
- Transfer of a predetermined number of quality embryos into the uterus using a catheter – similar to that of a Pap smear procedure
- Progesterone is prescribed daily via suppository to help prepare the patient’s uterine lining for implantation of the fertilized egg – the embryo
- A pregnancy test is scheduled on a date prescribed by the doctor through a blood draw
International Conventional IVF Treatment Provider
It is important to work with a fertility doctor offering customized Conventional IVF treatment plans. Personalized treatment plans offer the highest success rates and the best overall patient satisfaction.
To schedule your initial consultation with Dr. John Zhang call 917.525.5496.