How a Natural Cycle IVF™ Can Help You Get Pregnant in the New Year
The Natural Cycle IVF™ is almost completely drug-free – compared to Conventional IVF and Mini-IVF™. Using this holistic protocol, a woman’s monthly, natural, high quality egg is surgically retrieve and then fertilized in vitro. Our Natural Cycle IVF™ treatment offers our patients the opportunity to avoid the health risks and cost of high dosages of fertility medications – as well as the trepidation and pain of daily injections.
Natural Cycle IVF™ Pregnancy Success Rates
Our pregnancy success rates for Natural Cycle IVF™ rivals those of Conventional IVF and Mini-IVF™. The personal attention provided by the fertility care team at New Hope Fertility Center provides every patient with the support needed to conceive a baby through Natural Cycle IVF™.
By treating each of our patients as individuals, we are able to create treatment plans customized for their specific medical and personal needs. No longer are high quantities of fertility medications necessary to produce One Good Egg.
Our One Good Egg Policy
It only takes One Good Egg to make a healthy baby. Our approach is not to focus on producing high quantities of eggs to be retrieved during a fresh IVF cycle. A large number of eggs is nonproductive if they are of low quality and not suitable for fertilization in vitro.
Our main goal is to help women produce high quality, healthy eggs.
Women who are accepted for Natural Cycle IVF™ treatment at New Hope Fertility Center are typically those who have been turned away by other clinics because they:
- Have high FSH levels
- Are unable to produce a large number of eggs during a single cycle
- Do not respond well to fertility medication
- Are at a disadvantage due to advanced maternal age
How the Natural Cycle IVF™ Works
A woman’s body may need only a little coaxing to achieve a pregnancy with her one natural, high quality egg produced during a monthly menstrual cycle. A woman’s natural egg is the very best she can produce – without the need for numerous, costly, painful, self-administered fertility medication injections.
- As a woman’s natural cycle begins, the doctor will monitor the growth of her one good egg through ultrasound imaging and blood tests.
- Once her natural egg has reached a prime stage of development, an ovulation trigger medication – hCG – will be self-administered by the patient at a designated time
- On a scheduled date, the egg will be surgically retrieved in an outpatient procedure while the patient is under general anesthesia
- After surgical retrieval, the egg will be fertilized in vitro through a procedure known as Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection
- ICSI is an ancillary IVF procedure in which one quality sperm is directly injected into the woman’s natural egg
- Once a high quality embryo has cultured in vitro to a prime stage of development – it will then be transferred to the woman’s uterus via a thin catheter – similar to a Pap smear procedure
- A pregnancy test is scheduled in approximately two weeks
Benefits of Natural Cycle IVF™
- No high cost, physically-challenging powerful fertility medications
- A woman produces her one natural egg
- Lowers health risks associated with Conventional IVF
- Avoids the high cost associated with fertility drugs
- Helps women avoid the discomfort and side effects of daily fertility drug injections
- Eliminates the potential of a multiple pregnancy
- Resolves ethical and religious dilemmas for patients opposed to producing excess embryos
Candidates for Natural IVF™
Women who will most benefit from a Natural Cycle IVF™ protocol are those:
- Women over 35 who have a regular menstrual period and are able to ovulate
- Women over 35 with elevated FSH levels
- Women over 35 with a poor ovarian reserve
- Women diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Women who are at risk for Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS) due to high dosages of fertility medications
- Women who want to avoid costly and painful fertility medication injections
- Women who are unresponsive to fertility medications
- Women who have been unable to produce multiple eggs during a Conventional IVF or Mini-IVF™ cycle
- Women over 35 with elevated FSH levels and poor ovarian reserve
- Women who do not want to produce multiple embryos for ethical or religious reasons
Customized Natural Cycle IVF™ Specialist
It is important to work with a fertility specialist having the experience required to design a customized Natural Cycle IVF™ treatment protocol meeting your personal needs. To schedule your initial consultation with Dr. John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center, call 917.525.5496.