The Top 7 Foods To Help Boost Your Fertility
The food a woman eats can have a real effect on her overall health and fertility. Therefore, it is important to be conscious about what you are eating while trying to conceive.
If you are trying to conceive, pay attention to these seven fertility-boosting foods:
- Bananas – Bananas have a high level of vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 is known for regulating hormone levels. Women who have B6 deficiencies can have irregular menstrual cycles. Additionally, the lack of B6 can decrease egg and sperm quality.
- Asparagus – Asparagus is high in folic acid which reduces the likelihood of many birth defects. Additionally, research has shown that folic acid reduces the chances of ovarian failure.
- Almonds – Great sources of vitamin E, almonds have been shown to improve the quality of a man’s sperm. Additionally, vitamin E is an antioxidant that can help to improve egg and sperm health.
- Peas – Peas are high in the mineral zinc which can be a factor in male and female infertility. For men, zinc has been shown to increase the number, form, quality, and function of sperm. In women, zinc deficiencies can result in imbalanced hormones.
- Shellfish – Shellfish are rich in vitamin B12. Studies have shown that a B12 deficiency can result in fluctuations in a woman’s estrogen levels. This imbalance can interfere with implantation. Additionally, B12 is thought to improve the uterine lining and decrease the likelihood of miscarriage.
- Eggs – Eggs are a natural source of vitamin D. Studies have demonstrated that women with fertility concerns have lower than normal levels of vitamin D. During a recent study, none of the women with PCOS had vitamin D levels within normal ranges.
Eating a well-balanced diet rich in fruit and vegetables and exercising regularly can increase your fertility. In addition to reducing stress, eating well and exercising improves the overall health and fertility of both men and women.
For additional information on what you can do to increase your natural fertility, contact the fertility experts at New Hope Fertility Center Today. Please click the link below to enter your information and New Hope will contact you. You can also reach them at 212-517-7676.