Can I Travel While I’m Undergoing IVF?
Yes, you can travel while undergoing IVF treatment when you are partnered with a world renowned fertility center. One of the most important aspects of IVF treatment is administering fertility medication on time. This task can be difficult enough when you’re at home.
Traveling While Undergoing IVF
You no longer have to make a decision between traveling for work or family and undergoing a successful IVF cycle. Using the guide below, you can make traveling during your IVF cycle less stressful and potentially more successful.
Planning ahead is the most important part of traveling while undergoing IVF treatment.
In order to make sure you’re fully covered:
- Speak with your fertility care team beforehand to let them know of your travel plans
- Be sure to ask for any additional medications that you will need during your trip
- Ask your doctor or nurse for a letter documenting the use of the fertility medication
- If your travel plans include flying, be sure to check and verify requirements for transporting medication and needles
- Leave your medication in its original containers
- Leaving medications in original dispensers, serves as proof of your ability to handle the prescribed medication and can help you get through the airport screening process
- Verify which of your medications need to be refrigerated and make arrangements for cool transportation when needed
- Remember to pack all of your supplies including alcohol wipes and bandages
- Program the number for your doctor’s office and pharmacy into your phone so that you may easily access them during the trip
- Take steps to properly dispose of syringes during the trip to avoid injury to yourself and those around you.
- Make a chart of wen each of your fertility medications should be taken
- Set up reminders on your phone or other electronic devices to prompt you to administer the medication
Depending on where you are in your cycle, you may need monitoring during the time you’re away. In order to do this, you’ll need to work with a local fertility center that is willing to partner with your home fertility center.
World Renowned Fertility Center
New Hope Fertility Center is experienced in partnering with reputable fertility center in the United State and abroad. To expand your IVF timing options, schedule an initial consultation with Dr. John Zhang by calling 917.525.5496.