How to Up Your Pregnancy Chances With Natural Cycle IVF
A woman’s monthly, natural egg is the very best. This is why women are no longer required to undergo a painful regimen of self-administered fertility medication injections in order to get pregnant with the help of IVF. Look: Our Natural Cycle IVF™ – is a celebrated holistic IVF protocol. A woman in her prime reproductive years has as 26 percent chance of getting pregnant with the one natural egg her body produces each month. The best part? The Natural Cycle IVF™ ups a woman’s chances of getting pregnant and is almost completely drug-free – compared to Conventional IVF and Mini-IVF™.
Natural Cycle IVF™
Your body may need only a little coaxing to achieve a pregnancy with the one high quality egg you produce during your monthly cycle. Natural Cycle IVF™ is a holistic IVF protocol offering women the opportunity to avoid the health risks and expense of high dosages of fertility medications. The trepidation and pain of daily injections are virtually eliminated.
One Good Egg Policy
Our Policy: It only takes one good egg to have a healthy baby. IVF treatment plans are designed to focus on producing high quality eggs – not a large quantity of eggs. When multiple eggs are produced, many are not suitable for fertilization in vitro. Plus, treatment can be very difficult for patients – physically and financially. Why is this important? Healthy, quality eggs achieve high IVF success rates for even those difficult patients who have been turned away from treatment at other fertility clinics.
How Natural Cycle IVF™ Works
- As a woman’s natural cycle begins, the doctor will monitor the growth of her natural egg through regular ultrasound imaging and blood tests.
- Once her natural egg has reached a prime stage of development, an ovulation trigger medication – hCG – will be self-administered by the patient at a designated time
- On a scheduled date, the egg will be surgically retrieved in an outpatient procedure while the patient is under general anesthesia
- After surgical retrieval, the egg will be fertilized in vitro through a procedure known as Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- ICSI is an ancillary IVF procedure in which one quality sperm is directly injected into the woman’s natural egg
- Once a high quality embryo has cultured in vitro to a prime stage of development – it will then be transferred to the woman’s uterus via a thin catheter – similar to a Pap smear procedure
- A pregnancy test is scheduled in approximately two weeks
Pregnancy Success Rates Using Natural Cycle IVF™
Even though fertility medications are not prescribed, the pregnancy success rate for Natural Cycle IVF™ rivals those of Conventional IVF and Mini-IVF™. The personal medical attention we provide to every patient is supplemented with the emotional support needed to conceive a baby through Natural Cycle IVF™.
- No high cost, physically-challenging powerful fertility medications
- A woman produces her one natural, monthly egg
- Lowers health risks associated with Conventional IVF
- Avoids the high cost associated with fertility drugs
- Helps women avoid the discomfort and side effects of daily fertility drug injections
- Eliminates the potential of a multiple pregnancy
- Resolves ethical and religious dilemmas for patients opposed to producing excess embryos
Prime Candidates for Natural Cycle IVF™
Women who most benefit from a Natural Cycle IVF™ protocol are those:
- Women over 35 who have a regular menstrual period and are able to ovulate
- Women over 35 with elevated FSH levels
- Women over 35 with a poor ovarian reserve
- Women diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Women who are at risk for Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS) due to high dosages of fertility medications
- Women who want to avoid costly and painful fertility medication injections
- Women who are unresponsive to fertility medications
- Women who have been unable to produce multiple eggs during a Conventional IVF or Mini-IVF™ cycle
- Women over 35 with elevated FSH levels and poor ovarian reserve
- Women who do not want to produce multiple embryos for ethical or religious reasons
Customized Natural Cycle IVF™ Expert
It is important to work with a fertility doctor having the research and clinical experience required to design a customized Natural Cycle IVF™ treatment protocol meeting your personal needs. To schedule your initial consultation with Dr. John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center, call 917.525.5496.