Everyone deserves the right to have a family of their own – regardless of sexual orientation. Dr. John Zhang offers cutting-edge fertility treatment options for LGBTQ couples – with no judgment. For over a decade, same sex couples have found renewed faith in realizing their dream of becoming parents to children of their own with the help of Dr. Zhang – founder of New Hope Fertility Center.
Fertility Treatment Options
Sexual orientation bias has no place in the practice of Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART). The Doctor has maintained his mission of reducing the physical, emotional, and financial toll of every patient during their quest to have a baby.
- No sexual orientation judgments
- No gender or transgender bias
- No personal or religious judgments
- No judgments toward interracial couples
- No judgments about marital status
The Doctor offers revolutionary ART procedures customized for every LGBTQ couple’s personal needs.
Fertility Treatment Options for Female Couples
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) – artificial insemination using donor sperm
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) – the fertilization of one partner’s eggs with donor sperm
- One of the partner’s monthly cycle is regulated with oral medication
- Oral fertility medications are then prescribed to stimulate multiple egg follicle production
- The growth of egg follicles are monitored through regular vaginal ultrasound imaging and blood tests
- Once the egg follicles have reached a mature stage, ovulation is induced using a trigger medication – hCG – human chorionic gonadotropin
- Ovulation triggered by hCG is timed with the insemination of a highly concentrated amount of motile donor sperm into the cervix using a very thin catheter – similar to a pap smear procedure
IVF Protocol Options:
Fertility Treatment Options for Male Couples
Gestational Surrogacy – using donor eggs to be fertilized with the sperm from one of the partners
Egg Donation – acquiring donor eggs to accomplish gestational surrogacy
Gestational surrogacy may be used to achieve a pregnancy and birth through IVF using a variety of protocols:
A surrogate match is selected by the Intended Parents through an agency specializing in gestational surrogacy – New Beginnings Surrogacy
- Once the perfect surrogate match has been located, her cycle is regulated in preparation for embryo transfer timing
- In sync with the surrogate’s cycle, the donor eggs thawed and fertilized with the intended father’s sperm in vitro through an intricate procedure known as Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- ICSI is a procedure in which a single sperm is injected directly into the donor’s eggs
- Once fertilization is achieved, the resulting embryos are monitored regularly for growth and development quality
- Only a quality embryo is transferred to the surrogate’s uterus
- Excess quality embryos can be cryopreserved for future Frozen Embryo Transfers (FET) procedures
World Renowned Fertility Specialist Serving the LGBTQ Community
It is important to work with world renowned fertility specialist having the research and clinical experience required to design a customized IVF treatment plan meeting your personal medical needs. To schedule your initial consultation with Dr. John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center – click the icon below – or call 917.525.5496.